



Together with 130 or so other women, I had the chance to spend a weekend away thinking about how God has created women uniquely in His image.Two beautiful and gifted women, Shelly Pelletier and Adrianne Lawrence spoke to us on what it means to be created in God's image and our identity as women redeemed by Christ. Key lessons for me were:
i) Women were created by God in His image. We reflect the attributes of God in our lives and in our role as a 'helper'. Our role as a helper is not a secondary, less important one than that of men. God Himself is described as our helper repeatedly in the bible... certainly, we do not see that as being an unimportant role to play. I need to think more about how I can image God better in my role as a helper in my marriage, at work, at church and in the lives of others.
ii) We have been chosen by God to be holy and blameless.
Our identity in life is not what we do or our marital status or anything else. Our identity is in Christ - even before creation, we were chosen by Him for the purpose of being holy and blameless before Him. I need to learn to live as a redeemed and forgiven person, worshipping God with my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment