Here are some of my thoughts and of course I welcome any suggestions that you may have!
1. Prayer
The Lord is one who forms this new life and He already knows the character, personality, appearance, days, months or years of this new life. I have been trying to write down and pray for things that I desire for this baby, Lord willing:
- that the child love the Lord and know God.
- that the child images God's character and is just, courageous, kind, loving and upright.
- that the child would have a good relationship with us!!
2. Books
The bible is full of useful guidelines about how we ought to raise this child. Some other books that we have been reading to help us to apply biblical principles are:
- Shepherding a Child's Heart by Tedd Tripp. Eugene and I are watching the videos together and found it both fun and funny! Its been so helpful.
- Don't Make Me Count to Three by Ginger Plowman
- Big Truths for Small Hearts by Bruce Ware. We have not read this yet but it comes highly reccomended by many. Bruce Ware is a Professor at the Southen Baptist Theological Seminary. He decided to write this book based on his experience in teaching theology to his children. I cannot wait to read it.
- http://www.praisefactory.org/ I thought I should reccomend this resource to churches or parents who are looking for excellant curriculum to use. I have loved teaching this at church and have benefitted so much from it. the Praise Factory curriculum has great stories and music accompanying the lessons that helps children learn more about God.
No comments:
Post a Comment