Today was Zachary's first day at preschool. It was a lot of fun anticipating this day and helping him to ease into this new routine. For me, it was a time of reflecting on what I desire from him as he enters formal education.
1) The Lord blesses each one of us with gifts that we are to steward and use for His glory. I pray that Zachary will do that. I am excited to discover what Zachary's strengths and weaknesses will be and how his gifts are best used. It may be in sports or science classes or story telling. This is a journey of discovering what more of those are!
2) Formal education is also a time to discover what Zachary's weaknesses are and where he needs to be challenged to persevere. I pray that it will also drive him to dependence on the Lord.
3) Formal education can also be a time that God uses to build zach's character. It will be a time where he will learn how to be loving, kind, and generous to those around him and to be disciplined in his studies. I pray that the Lord will mold him and build him up.
4) Formal education is a time for Zachary to learn more about the world in which we live and marvel at the creative and wise God.
5) I pray that Zachary, on the path of learning, will discover ways that he can be useful to society and to the world we live. I pray that he will not pursue selfish ambitions.
I wrote him a card this morning with the verse that says 'Trust in The Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him and he will make your paths straight.' I pray that Zachary will derive wisdom from above and that he will not pursue/acquire knowledge apart from God, which is futile. Instead, I pray that he will bring glory to God in everything he does, from the smallest to the largest triumphs and failures.
No comments:
Post a Comment