Monday, October 08, 2007

College Retreat, Winchester Virginia






Making the stone skip

So LOST!Canoing in a pond that apparently has snapping turtles!!
The Lord blessed us with a beautiful location in the mountains for the College Retreat!
We heard from David Verhey, Geoff Chang, Eugene and Ben Wright preach from Philippians 1-4. It was a wonderful meditation encouraging college students to think about how the gospel can be applied in their lives. What does it mean for us to live for Christ - in our day to day lives, in our ambitions, in our relationships?
It was wonderful getting to know people better and to encourage one another as we studied the word. I loved sitting by the bonfire, under the stars, singing praises to God. That was a sweet time!
I pray that all of us who were there would be challenged to live for His glory as we press on in faith.

2 comments:

Vitali Zagorodnov said...

I miss the smell of those wooden cabins...

Claire and Eugene said...

= ) it was so nice to get out!