Monday, October 15, 2007

Woman's Conference with Noel Piper


This weekend was a tremandous blessing to me. Our church had the priviledge of hosting Noel Piper, wife of John Piper, for a 2 day conference. She spoke to us from Psalm 91, and she also told us stories about lives of women, such as Betsy Stockton, a freed slave who became a missionary to Sandwich Islands (Hawaii) in 1822, who had extraordinary faith and served God without fear.


  • I enjoyed meeting women from so many different churches, coming together to encourage one another through songs, the word and fellowship - to learn what it means to live as women made in God's image.

  • Noel Piper was a sweet woman of God. She has clearly been a strong, silent supporter of her husband's ministry. She is marked by her quiet spirit that rests in the Lord, love & passion for the outcast, zeal for God's work and a servant's heart. She has so many lessons to teach us from her 26 years in ministry with her husband and after bringing up 5 kids.

  • It has been a busy week helping to put last minute things together for the conference, but in that process, I experienced so much joy! I could not stop marvelling at how the men of the church (including my dear husband) came together to serve their sisters-in-Christ by volunteering in so many things. One brother, who saw my need for volunteers sent an email to encourage the single men to serve and I was touched by the responses - thanks brothers!

Psalm 91:1-2
1 He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
2 I will say of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust."

For an interesting look at Noel Piper's life and ministry, you can read an interview she did on Girltalk blog:

No comments: