We were excited to be back at church yesterday, after two weeks away, singing and hearing God's word preached. The words of the song below were a reminder to me of the posture of our hearts as we approach each day. We ought to be bowing at the throne of God, depending on Him and receiving His mercies. God has shown His mercy ultimately by sending a Saviour, Jesus Christ, to bear our sins so that we may live as His redeemed children, enjoying His presence in eternity. Whether 2011 is a year of prosperity or of suffering, sickness or of health, I pray that each one of us will glorify the Lord in how we live.
Mercies Anew
© 2001 Sovereign Grace Praise (BMI).
Every morning that breaks
There are mercies anew
Every breath that I take
Is your faithfulness proved
And at the end of each day
When my labors are through
I will sing of Your mercies anew
When I’ve fallen and strayed
There were mercies anew
For you sought me in love
And my heart you pursued
In the face of my sin
Lord, You never withdrew
So I sing of Your mercies anew
And Your mercies, they will never end
For ten thousand years they’ll remain
And when this world’s beauty has passed away
Your mercies will be unchanged
And when the storms swirl and rage
There are mercies anew
In affliction and pain
You will carry me through
And at the end of my days
When Your throne fills my view
I will sing of Your mercies anew
I will sing of Your mercies anew
A funny sight with Micah engrossed with the TV and Zachary just being a disturbance...
Friendships over Hot Pot!...
No comments:
Post a Comment