Saturday, April 30, 2011

Praying

A friend and I are going to get together to read Carson's "A Call to Spiritual Reformation", which looks at Paul's prayers and encourages us to pray.  In reading the first chapter, I was reminded about how I need to have more structure in my prayer life so that I can be sure to pray faithfully and regularly.

So, I started on a project to help us as a family be more consistent in prayer.  With some of Zachary's help, we made cards to pray for different things each day.  We made lists of friends to pray for so that we can be sure to cover it.  I pray that this will help me to walk more faithfully and encourage Zachary to do the same in his life.  Do you have ideas for prayer that you may have to share?  i certainly welcome it!

"I have not stopped giving thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers. 17 I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit[f] of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better."

 

2 comments:

Kristie said...

Great idea and wonderful book! That book has been such an encouragement to me in my own prayer life. More recently, I've been reading "A Praying Life" by Paul Miller. It's excellent, and has some practical tools (such as prayer cards, etc) to help in organizing, consistency, and seeing God's hand at work in the lives of those we love and care for. Praying you guys are settling in well!

Meg said...

Very cool Claire!! I think I see us on that list:) Just getting caught up. So thankful for your example. And its good to see what you miss and anticipate that for us too:)

Encouraged by you:)

Megan