Sunday, August 17, 2008

Has it been 4 years?

I wonder if, Lord willing, we will get to a point when we stop counting because too many years have passed. But I always love looking back at each year of God's protection of our marriage. We celebrated our wedding anniversary last week. The year past has been a year of adjusting to a new season of life where Eugene's now finished a year at seminary and I finished a year at PFC Energy. It has been another sweet season of blessing from the Lord in terms of ministry and spiritual growth. The Lord continues to strengthen our marriage by helping us to grow in His word, understanding of His character, and in so doing, grow in love for one another and for others.

Here is a list of a fraction of many things that Eugene and I are thankful for:

  • God's evident grace in our lives by drawing us to faith in Him, and perseverance in this life.
  • God's kindness in bringing us friends - old and new... Special thanks to stella and jay who baked us happy anniversary cupcakes (!); Lindsey and Noah who sung an anniversary song over the phone (!); Bev and Jason who bought us a wonderful dinner; Ruth, Li, Candace, Karen and Yuk Yee, and Winnie who have been here for us from the beginning, and all of you reading this. I realized after I started naming people that it got LONG - which really is evidence of how good God has been to us.
  • Capitol Hill Baptist Church (CHBC) - Every year, when we look back, we are filled with amazement at how much our lives have changed since we first stepped into CHBC 4 years ago. This amazement never grows old. We searched on the internet, found a church and went there. God had it all planned out. Here, we have learnt how to build a strong foundation for our marriage.
  • Our differences - Through which we learn how to serve one another, put the other person first and to battle sinfulness in our individual lives.
  • Our common interests and past times - I have realised that over time, we have developed many common interests that I can see us doing growing old... Tennis games, movies, mountains, hiking, photography, good tea and good machiatto (expresso with foam milk), diet A&W, Prosiutto e Melon, steamed promfret, sashimi, early mornings at cafe roma, travelling, London, jazz (gradually acquired interest on my part), national parks, and discussing the meaning of life... There is never a dull moment!

We would like to thank you, our dear friends, for caring for us and helping us in small and big ways. We are thankful that the Lord has used you in our lives.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy anniversary guys!

Kevin

Anonymous said...

thanks kevin!