We celebrated by spending a weekend in New York City! There were so many highlights:
- New York Metropolitan Museum of Art - where Eugene got see all that he had studied about a class on the ancient Near East (which refers to the land of the old testament). It was fascinating viewing all the artifacts from Greece, Assyria, and Egypt, some of which date back to as early as 3000BC.
- Alfred Hitchcock broadway play "39 Steps" [note: students get rush tickets 2 hours before the play for $26!] - So HILARIOUS!
- FOOD - If you know us, you would also know that we went prepared with A LIST of places that we wanted to eat at (I will share it with you if you ask nicely = )). It was superb! It was sort of an all out Japanese food weekend, which was so good, there's nothing like it in DC. Dessert at Kyotofu was really interesting. Frozen yogurt was all the rage in New York(Pinkberry and Red Mango) and we overdosed on it, I think.

- Coffee - I visited Puerto Rico Importing company, where I regularly buy my stash of expresso beans. We even took pains to find this tiny coffeeshop, Abraco, in east Village that has great coffee.
- Redeemer Presbyterian Church - Dr Tim Keller preached from Revelation 3:14-22. It was a powerful sermon that spoke of God's revile of Christians who claim to follow Christ, but have no zeal for the gospel. Dr Keller reminded us that what was most amazing in this passage was that in spite of our lack of zeal, God still sets His love on us. He himself clothes us with righteousness, calls us to turn back to Him and to be raised with Him.
- Most of all, we enjoyed spending time with one another, and doing things together. That's what I love most about our marriage. We enjoy doing things together.

No comments:
Post a Comment