Sunday, November 01, 2009

The Last Hurrah...









I sure hope that this isn't the last hurrah! The gals and I got together to have dinner, watch The Last Proposal... and help do some crafts.. in anticipation that this time next week, my life could look quite different.

Many people ask me if I am ready for this new season of life-- and at this point, the little guy is so kicking my ribs that I am sure my ribs want him out of there. I have experienced God's grace through the last 39 weeks and I know that He will give grace for the next season. The Lord has helped us to build a strong foundation in marriage in Him and I know that that is what will help us to model God's character in the child's life. At the end of the day, we rest on the Lord for each day and each moment He gives. We cannot do anything apart from Him. And that is a great consolation!

We rest on Thee, our Shield and our Defender!
We go not forth alone against the foe;
Strong in Thy strength, safe in Thy keeping tender,
We rest on Thee, and in Thy Name we go.

Yes, in Thy Name, O Captain of salvation!
In Thy dear Name, all other names above;
Jesus our Righteousness, our sure Foundation,
Our Prince of glory and our King of love.

We go in faith, our own great weakness feeling,
And needing more each day Thy grace to know:
Yet from our hearts a song of triumph pealing,
“We rest on Thee, and in Thy Name we go.”

We rest on Thee, our Shield and our Defender!
Thine is the battle, Thine shall be the praise;
When passing through the gates of pearly splendor,
Victors, we rest with Thee, through endless days.

No comments: