It has been a busy but satisfying first semester at seminary. I've had excellent professors for all of my classes - Robert Plummer for both Greek Exegesis and Introduction to the New Testament I, Bruce Ware for Systematic Theology I, and Stephen Wellum for Systematic Theology II. These men clearly love the Lord, and their passion for his truth challenges and encourages me. I thank God for them, and pray that he will continue to use them for the building up of his church.
It has been a privilege to be able to learn more about God's word. And what a blessing it is to be able to devote my time to it wholly! May I never take this for granted. It would be beyond the limits of this brief blog post to list all that I've learnt this past semester. Suffice to say that I've grown in my grasp of the majesty of God and the immensity of his love to undeserving sinners like us. I've learnt more about what it means to be created in God's image, and have come to appreciate in greater measure the wondrous mystery of the incarnation of Jesus Christ. I've also marvelled at the atoning work of Christ on the cross - how as our penal substitute he redeems us from sin's bondage, reconciles us to God, propitiates divine wrath against us, justifies us, satisfies for us the demands of God's holy law, and triumphs over the evil one. Jesus is truly our Prophet, Priest, and King. It is this Jesus to whom Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John bear infallible testimony. We would do well to read their writings if we desire to know Jesus.
I am now reading up for my next two classes (Sermon on the Mount, and History of the Baptists), which begin in January. Both classes are "J-terms", which means a semester's-worth of work crammed into a week each. Yes, it will be intense! But I thank God for this time that I have to drink deeply from his word, the only fountain of truth.
No comments:
Post a Comment