Sunday, December 16, 2007

The Cross

I wonder what the Christmas holiday season means for each of us today. For some, it will be a time of joy and laughter; for others, it is a bittersweet time of loneliness and grief for loss....

Which ever category you fall into, I pray that your circumstances will turn you to seek a deeper meaning in life. God has created us in His image. We are able to enjoy the pleasures of life and the many gifts that He has richly blessed us all with. Every laughter we share and joy that we experience come from Him. At the same time, we know that even the best things in this life will end. We live in a world that is transcient, and death is a reality. We will experience sorrow and we will feel lonely in a world that can be cold.

There can only be real joy at Christmas, or at any time at all, if we know who Jesus is. If we try to find it in anything or anyone else, we will just conclude that even those will come to an end. In the bible, God promises that if we were to turn to Him and repent of our sins, He is faithful to forgive us and reconcile us to Himself. Jesus Christ died on the cross so that we can be forgiven of our sins and have a relationship with the the almighty God. It is this restoration of the relationship with God that brings true peace and true joy towards God and towards one another.

So, if you are experiencing God's blessings this Christmas, I pray that it will turn your heart to the saviour who has given you all these things. If you are finding this Christmas to be a difficult time, I pray that you will cry out to the Lord for comfort and take heart in knowing that you can have true joy in eternity if you believe in Jesus Christ, as Saviour and King of your life.

1 comment:

Vitali Zagorodnov said...

Merry Christmas, guys! Don't think I can join you for the conference, but I really want to. We are so far, that the travel is really a big obstacle.